STRAWBERRY DREAM BARS
STRAWBERRY DREAM BARS by @charissa_and_co_wellness When nature gives you strawberries, you just want to make use of them, especially when they are super deliciously ripe! I have dehydrated my strawberries for this recipe, however, you can also purchase 'dehydrated' or freeze-dried strawberries, just ensure they are all free from preservatives etc. With this recipe, I aimed to focus on the gluten-free concept, refined sugar-free, as well as steering away from any added nasties you often find in most of these commercial protein bars. High in fiber, plant-based proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates. Super convenient, ready-to-go in a bar form. Sugar, I topic often related to overall health, hormones, obesity as well as inflammation.' Sugars come in different forms and also each have their own chemistry and chemical structure. We always want to aim at focusing on our sugar intake, along with the amount of sugar & the quality of sugars, too much sugar within the body, will end up in a reserve phase, resulting into storing fat.' Quality over quantity is key when it comes to sugars, therefore most of my recipes I share are natural forms of sugars.' Therefore a lot easier on the body and digestion process. What I love about incorporating Nuzest Clean lean Protein, is not only for the plant protein benefits, but the actual ingredients, the list of ingredients within the product is easy and simple to read, almost exactly the way your bodies digestion process wants to work.' Plus the plant-based protein powder is only deliciously flavoured with a natural plant 'sugar' free from any preservatives or refined added sugars.
To get some hints and tips on how to make your own protein bars just drop me a line anytime! PS, Alternatively follow the link on my bio, register your free sample from @Nuzest and Nuzest will share the recipe with you. https://www.nuzest.sg/clean-
2 Cups Quinoa Flakes
1 Cup desiccated coconut
2 Tablespoons of Yacon Syrup
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
¼ Cup Hemp seeds or Sunflower seeds
1 Cup dehydrated or freeze dried strawberries
2 Chia eggs 2 tablespoons chia seed meal + 6 tablespoons water
3 Tablespoons of Almond butter
1 Serving Nuzest strawberry Clean Lean Protein
1/2 Cup fresh grated green apple
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment or wax. Set aside.
2. Stir together the first three ingredients. Gently heat (room temperature) until the oil is melted and the almond butter is easily stir-able.
3. Mix in the vanilla extract and strawberry protein powder, stirring until completely mixed.
4. Mix in all ingredients (I use my hands at times), smooth into the prepared pan, and press down with a spoon as hard as you can. Really pack it in.
5. Freeze until firm enough to cut.
7. Leftovers can stay out a few hours, but I like to keep them in the freezer for optimum freshness, where they last a few weeks.