Citrus Protein Pancakes
Pancakes have a reputation for being heavy, but this recipe is anything but. Made simply with Clean Lean Protein, egg, lemon and a few other baking necessities, these zesty gluten-free pancakes are a great way to start your day.
1 serve Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
¾ cup gluten free self-raising flour
¾ cup milk
2 tbsp coconut or raw sugar
grated rind of 1 lemon
¼ tsp vanilla powder or extract
Coconut oil (for frying)
1. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to evenly distribute.
2. Add milk and egg in to the bowl and whisk everything until just combined and smooth. Mixture will be thick, but should easily drop from a spoon. If not, add a little more milk.
3. Heat a non-stick pan to medium high with a little coconut oil. Drop large spoonfuls of mixture into a pan.
4. Cook on one side until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake, then turn and cook the other side for about 1-2 minutes. Spray a little coconut oil on the pan between each pancake batch.
5. Serve with wedges of lemon and coconut sugar, or drizzled with maple syrup. Makes about 6 large pancakes.