Chai Turmeric Protein Bark
This bark is gluten-free and packed full of the anti-inflammatory spice turmeric and tasty chai and maca.
½ cup coconut oil
1/3 cup chilled coconut cream
2 teaspoons maple syrup/brown rice syrup
1 serve Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Chai, Turmeric + Maca
Pinch turmeric for more colour (not too much or it might be overpowering)
Pinch cracked black pepper
½ cup Macadamia halves
1. Line your baking tray with baking paper
2. Separate out your hardened coconut cream from the top of the can and keep the coconut water for a separate recipe (tomorrow's smoothie perhaps!)
3. Slowly melt your coconut oil on a very low heat (don't let it get over 40 degrees Celsius if you'd like to make this recipe raw)
4. Once melted the entire way through whisk in your coconut cream, maple syrup, protein, turmeric, salt and pepper until it becomes a nice smooth texture and all ingredients are combined.
5. Slowly pour your mixture onto the baking paper lined tray.
6. Scatter your macadamia halves as evenly as possible.
7. Let set in the fridge for an hour then break into rough pieces.
8. Store in the fridge for up to a week