Delicious Protein Bread
Dust off your bread machine and make yourself a loaf of this incredibly delicious bread. This recipe includes white whole wheat flour, milled from the entire wheat berry, yields more fibre and nutrition, which means it's better for you! Added Nuzest Clean Lean Protein, oats, and sunflower seeds kick this bread into the stratosphere of nutrition! With this homemade bakery delight, your morning toast or afternoon sandwich will thank you! For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website www.stewardchicks.com.
½ cup steel cut oats
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Just Natural
1 tablespoon vital wheat gluten
1 cup water (room temperature)
1 cup almond milk (room temperature)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
1. Mix dry ingredients, minus yeast and sunflower seeds, in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add wet ingredients to your bread machine pan. Pour dry ingredients over wet without mixing. Create a small divot in the middle of the dry ingredients and insert the yeast there.
3. Set the bread machine for a 1 loaf with light crust and add sunflower seeds to fruit/nut tray. If your machine doesn't have a fruit/nut tray, simply add sunflower seeds on top of dry ingredients in the machine.
4. Set machine function to fruit/nut mode and activate cycle. Once the bread is in the quick kneading stage, add additional tablespoons of flour, as needed, for the dough to pull away from the side of the pan to form a smooth ball. Cook time is approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes.
5. Carefully remove the pan once the cycle is complete and remove the loaf from the plan. Let the bread cool on a cooling rack. Store covered in foil on the counter for up to 2-3 days.