3 min read
GREENS COCONUT PORRIDGE
Creamy Coconut Porridge - Easy, dairy-free, delicious & full of nutrient goodies.
Recipe by Charissa & Co.
When it comes to Mondays we all know that it can be a bit of a challenge to get started, especially being Monday. Perhaps rushing out of the house, breakfast being the last thing on your mind?
Let’s review some simple steps on how we can create that food ritual that fits in with our lifestyles.
First, ensure you prepare for the week, especially when you know on a late Saturday or Sunday afternoon you have spare time. Think of the first three days in the week first, Mon-Wed. These three days are key in making sure you started on the right track during the week.
Plan your breakfasts, cook your base meals on Sunday that will enable you to use these base ingredients as different dishes. (Base ingredients that can last for 3 days in the fridge, quinoa, black wild rice, amaranth)
Have freshly chopped vegetables in the fridge along with fresh spices, herbs, olive or avocado oil.
Breakfasts you can use one base and make three morning breakfasts. Or alternate. This simple Greens porridge bowl, was prepared the Sunday afternoon.
Exercise and SMART nutrition can preserve valuable lean muscle mass, reducing metabolic decline.
Some benefits of creating your own food ritual allows you to:
- Manage your time so you don’t rush your meals (what I mean by this is the fact that you grab whatever is around you and most often does not honour your health and fitness goals)
- Plan ahead allows you to mitigate any obstacles that you might face during the day (perhaps your schedule runs behind, or the day has not set out as planned)
- Have healthy foods around you within your direct environment, perhaps an apple in your drawer with a small bag of raw walnuts and make sure you hydrate at all times with water
- Make sure when you get home, you will have an action plan for dinner that is easy as you would have already made the base ingredients (like quinoa) the day before, so when you get home you can just do a basic stir fry vegetable dish with quinoa.
ALWAYS AIM FOR:
- Eating fresh, minimally-processed food as often as possible.
- Including a balance of protein, veggies, smart carbs, healthy fats.
- Adjusting portions to meet health and body composition goals.
How to make a delicious breakfast the night before:
Using a medium pot over medium high heat, toast your desiccated coconut, be careful not to burn. There after stir in your macadamia nut milk, water + coconut flour. Cover and bring to a boil. After reaching a boil, remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients, apart from the Nuzest Good Green stuff and the Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla protein.
Once mixture has boiled for around 10min, remove from heat, pour into a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and allow to cool.
Once cooled you can add the Nuzest Clean Lean Vanilla protein to the mix. Keep the Nuzest Good Green vitality aside as you will ad this in the next morning.
Pour the cooled mixture into 3 overnight glass jars. Leave overnight in the fridge, Monday morning remove one glass jar. Pour the mixture into a bowl, mix into it your Nuzest Good Greens Vitality add a dash of nut milk, sprinkle with fresh (already washed berries the night before) and of course some delicious GMO free coconut crunch from @cocobynuco.
Disclaimer: The information provided on Nuzest is for educational and informational purposes only. The information provided on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional advice or care. Please speak to your qualified healthcare professional in the event that something you have read here raises questions or concerns regarding your health.