1 min read
Coconut Peppermint Choc Zucchini Smoothie
- 4 pitted dates (soaked in hot water for 15 mins)
- 1 cup light coconut milk, plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower
- ¾ cup sliced zucchini (about ½ a medium zucchini, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter (any nut or seed butter will work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder (or sub unsweetened cocoa powder -- do 1 tablespoon if you want less intense flavor)
- 1 scoop Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- Pinch of salt
- Handful (around 10) walnut halves
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp runny almond butter
- 1 tsp maple (optional)
- Toasted coconut flakes or regular coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chips or a drizzle of almond butter or chocolate almond butter
Recipe by Willabelle Teo
This delicious chocolate zucchini smoothie recipe is packed with protein & healthy fats from almond butter and coconut milk and it's really tasty.
First soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of very warm water for at least 5 minutes. This will help them soften up and perfect for blending. While the dates are soaking you can get all your other ingredients out, measured and ready.
Next add all ingredients to a high powered blender: pitted dates, coconut milk, cauliflower, zucchini, nut butter, cacao, vanilla extract and salt. Feel free to add any optional add-ins to your smoothie if you’d like. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk to thin, if necessary. Pour into a glass and enjoy! Top with almond butter, granola and coconut flakes, if desired. Serves 1. Feel free to double the recipe to serve 2.
Disclaimer: The information provided on Nuzest is for educational and informational purposes only. The information provided on this site is not, nor is it intended to be, a substitute for professional advice or care. Please speak to your qualified healthcare professional in the event that something you have read here raises questions or concerns regarding your health.