Spelt and Protein Scones
1½ cups plain spelt flour ½ cup Just Natural or Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein 4 tsp baking powder 30g butter 1 tsp coconut sugar ¾ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 220¬∞C (200¬∞C fan forced)
- Sieve flour, protein and baking powder into a bowl. 'Rub butter into sifted ingredients until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add coconut sugar and milk and combine until mixture is soft but not sticky (mixing with hands is best but a spatula will also work)
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead into shape until just smooth. 'Try not to overwork the mixture or the scones could become tough. 'Flatten dough out to about 4'cm and use a round cutter to cut scones starting from the centre and working your way out. 'Cut slightly higher rounds from left over dough.
- Place rounds on a lined oven tray with sides just touching. 'Brush tops with a little milk before placing them in the oven for 12-15 mins or until golden.